Music Video Content Guidelines
Music videos are subject to a broader range of requirements than audio, both in technical specifications and restrictions on the visual content of the video itself.
- The video must begin and end with at least one black frame
- The video must be a music video for one song. Interviews, non-music-videos and multi-song music videos will be rejected
- The video must not contain logos, promotional text, lower-third text or graphics overlays
- Lyric Videos and Art Tracks will be restricted from delivery to iTunes. See Lyric Videos and Art Tracks for more information.
- The music video thumbnail image must not contain excessive motion blur, artist name or music video title or unauthorized trademarks
- Letterboxing / black matting is allowed (horizontal or vertical only, not both in the same video) but will be automatically cropped on delivery to iTunes.
Music Video Validation Rules
Note: due to the large file size of Music Video assets, it is strongly advised that you confirm the technical requirements for a video before you begin the upload process. Central will identify any specifications that are not met, but only after upload of the video asset is completed.
File Type: .mov or .mxf
Codec: Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), DNxHD 175x, DNxHD 185x, DNxHD 220x
Codec ID (FourCC): apch (for ProRes), AVdn (for DNxHD)
Dimensions: 1920 x 1080
Dimension Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1:1 (square)
Framerate: 30 | 29.97 | 25 | 24 | 23.98 | 23.976 | 23.97
Bitrate: VBR ~220 Mbps
Accepted Audio (in Video file):
File type: .wav, .aif, .aiff
Sample Rate: 48 KHz
Bit Depth: 24 bit
Channels: 2 (Stereo)