Category, Area of Focus, and Points Explained
- Every task is assigned 1 Category and 1 Focus Area
- The Category designates the type of task, while the Focus Area designates the retailer or purpose of the task
- The predetermined "Categories" are: Strategy, Groundwork, Execution, and Other ("Other" only applies to user-created tasks if they don't choose one of the predetermined Categories)
- The predetermined "Focus Areas" used are: Marketing, Operations, Spotify, Amazon, Apple, YouTube, Pandora, Facebook / Instagram, and Other ("Other" only applies to user-created tasks if they don't choose one of the predetermined Areas of Focus)
- Every task is assigned a point value of either 5, 10, or 15, which is used to designate the priority of the task
- The standard task value is 5, with 10 and 15 occasionally being used to indicate high-value tasks (higher points = higher priority)
- When a task is completed, that task will earn the assigned number of points towards both the Category and Focus Area for that task.
- The progress tracking of the Category and Focus Area is based on the points earned
- Example: "Task 123" has 5 points assigned to it, the Category is Strategy, and the Focus Area is Spotify. If you complete that task, then you'll earn 5 points towards the Category: Strategy AND the Focus Area: Spotify.